AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got all my components in a closet in my living room. It's sort of a half closet, so it's quite small. A perfect fit, actually.

I'd like to close to door to hide everything, but I can't let the heat build up. I'd like to install a fan to suck the air into my attic. There is already a vent opening up into my crawl space in the floor of the closet.

I have heard of a fan with an integrated temperature guage so it'll automatically turn on when the temperature reaches a certain level.

I can't seem to find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tal

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
hoobajoob

For your first post at AVS I noticed your advertisement. Why not buy space on the AVS server instead of taking a fee ride?

Not a very good move for your first post.

Dave

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have thought of going from a transformer plugged into one of the switched outputs, though a simple house hold heating termostat "the mechanical type with coil and mercury tilt switch" then to perhaps a 3" DC fan as could be bought through Radio Shack. But since to my knowledge, audio equipment performs no better at cooler temps than warm, cut out the thermostat part and just have the fan run when ever the receiver is turned on since it is the main heat producer.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Along those same lines you can trigger your fan to come on when your componets are turned on. I'm planning on doing this with my projector like there person did at this site .

I bought the device yesterday at Sears Hardware. It was in the woodworking section...i.e. turn on saw and dustfan and light automatically turn on kind of idea.

Fans are had from a variety of places:

http://www.middleatlantic.com/rackac/main.htm
http://www.smarthome.com/8734FP.html

PC fans etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scott, CVan...

I'll look into those ideas. The main thing I was worried about was everthing overheating in the closet. Worst case is putting a decorative curtain in place of the door.

David, sorry that sig rubbed you the wrong way, but I had a legitimate question and a legitimate sig.

But I'll make it less of an advertisement.

Tal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.