AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone came along, after my LV prewiring, and ran the wires to control the thermostat for the radiant floor heat using the same path I created for my RG6, Cat6, and 14/4 wiring. Is this OK? I would think so but want confirmation from the experts on this forum. Thanks,

Shawn

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsl
Someone came along, after my LV prewiring, and ran the wires to control the thermostat for the radiant floor heat using the same path I created for my RG6, Cat6, and 14/4 wiring. Is this OK? I would think so but want confirmation from the experts on this forum. Thanks,

Shawn
Technically, Thermostat Wire **is** low-voltage wiring.

BTW, totally jealous of the radiant floor heating. I have steam radiators in this place with all hardwood floors throughout. I am so+++ planning that upgrade in the near future. Hopefully, as I haven't checked, my existing boiler could even be recycled into the new duty if it supports low enough temps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the confirmation. Good to know I won't have to ask for it to be rerouted. I already had to ask the GC to reroute the AC power line ran by the electrician after my prewire.

We decided to get hydronic radiant floor heat in the basement and in the master bath in the addition we are having built. With an acid stained basement floor I am hoping it will be quite comfortable in the winter.

Shawn

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsl
Thanks for the confirmation. Good to know I won't have to ask for it to be rerouted. I already had to ask the GC to reroute the AC power line ran by the electrician after my prewire.

Shawn
Wisdom I learned wiring a friend's new construction home. Low-voltage guys MUST NOT do any real work before the electrician finishes his. Ideally we are the last people to touch the walls before the drywallers come.

In my case I stopped by one Saturday and drilled all my runs and ran a bunch of "pull-strings" to make the pulls go much faster on Wednesday when me and my friend had planned to pull the cables.

On Wednesday when we arrived we found the electrician had made convienent use of all those nicely pre-drilled holes I made for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.