AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have heard many subs being a home theater installer. They compete with the rest in the price range. 15 inch woofer and Direct Servo Driven. They also have plenty of finishes to choose from.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
As long as you dont need subwoofer room correction built in (dubious value with AVR's and other room software emerging), then lots of brands build a competent subwoofer.

I am no longer using my sub's room correction because audyssey does a reasonable job of this until i get even better room correction in the future.

Reactions: oneeyeblind

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Those are clearly using the Rythmik amp and driver. They look like a deluxe version of the Rythmik subs, in which case they will doubtlessly be good performers. Very nice if you have the money and want a better cabinet than the regular Rythmik subs. What would be good is a gloss black FV15HP design from them but customized with bigger ports, as the standard FV15HP ports look a bit too small for it.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioFlatz  /t/1523984/these-are-some-very-exceptional-performing-subs-by-e-c-speakers/0_50#post_24520859

I have heard many subs being a home theater installer. They compete with the rest in the price range. 15 inch woofer and Direct Servo Driven. They also have plenty of finishes to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioFlatz  /t/1523984/these-are-some-very-exceptional-performing-subs-by-e-c-speakers/0_50#post_24520937

Yes.. You can start with the $500.00 range and go up to the $5000.00 and up range. So I chose to stay in the middle. My wallet does not fit past the $2500.00 range for 2 subs. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioFlatz  /t/1523889/need-sub-to-round-out-focal-1028-based-system/0_50#post_24520177

There are also custom builders that do some very great work also. And I do know of one guy that has built subs at a very reasonable price and for a 15 inch servo driven subwoofer they would be hard to compete with for the price. I have 2 of them here at home. They have also built me some bookshelf speakers that made me sale my Klipsch La Scala. If interested I can refer you as they are a small but very skilled company. I would probable never go agina to pay for a companies big name rep. Unless it just my favorites like Dynaudio, Revel, JL Audio. They are E.C.Speakers.

Let me know if you are interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioFlatz  /t/1523988/i-chose-to-go-with-a-cus...came-out-great-outstanding/0_50#post_24520907

These were designed and built by E.C.Speakers, These are extremely efficient speakers. And Pretty. I will trust these guys will all of my build processes and information.

If anyone is interested in this builder I can give you the contact information. They build extremely nice subwoofers and towers also.. E.C.Speakers

Is this the marketing campaign for E.C.Speakers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts