AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very long but one of the BEST articles I've ever read regarding progressive & Interlaced players...great read.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...e-10-2000.html

I was at the show in Toronto this past weekend & want to tell everyone how BAD it was in terms of video. It was ALL audio & nothing like it was last year even though last year there was not as much video as I had expected. Too bad because 2 years ago it looked very good in FP & RP & thought it would only get better.

Oh well...I guess it's the CES show for me in Vegas in January.

Chris

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Chris, Secrets of Home Theater are very thorough when they examine a technical issue, but many people who actually know what anamorphic or 3X2 pulldown means, are very likely to have a progressive scan device (projector, HDTV) I didn't have time to read every last detail, but will soon, thanks for the heads up. When I switched to progressive scan (three DVD players ago) the improvement was clear and obvious. I certainly won't be going back now.

Well.. I'm off to check out the new Superbit Fifth Element. Bye for now.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
It's true you might not be able to tell the difference on a 12" black and white tv.:p

however as you start moving up the to more resolution and larger display devices most will clearly notice the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.