AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Casablanca / six shooter/ and dread 2.....all extreme dacs and 3x250 for the front 3 and 2x100 for back 2.....i am using the toshiba hdxa1 with firmware update...

I realize that for whatever reason, it is common that whether listening to dd+ or truehd, it is necessary to turn volume up ......

Having said that, why can i listen to my series 3 tivo at volume 1 or 2 at night and i hear things fine, but when i watch an hddvd, i have to turn the volume up to 35 on dd+ and 40+ with true hd? It just seems much too much....?

·
Registered
22,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgreen561 /forum/post/0

I have the Casablanca / six shooter/ and dread 2.....all extreme dacs and 3x250 for the front 3 and 2x100 for back 2.....i am using the toshiba hdxa1 with firmware update...

I realize that for whatever reason, it is common that whether listening to dd+ or truehd, it is necessary to turn volume up ......

Having said that, why can i listen to my series 3 tivo at volume 1 or 2 at night and i hear things fine, but when i watch an hddvd, i have to turn the volume up to 35 on dd+ and 40+ with true hd? It just seems much too much....?

For HD DVD movies, are you using analog outputs from the HD DVD player, or digital output from the HD DVD player? I've discussed this here in other threads, I use the analog output, it just sounds better with the higher DD+, and especially if Dolby True HD, bit rates (even though I've also got the Xtreme DACs).

Using multi-channel analog output, for many (not all) HD DVDs, I have to listen

with a fair amount higher volume level than I do for multi-channel SACD and DVD-A, which is a fair amount higher than if I listen to redbook CD or DVD movies (from digital connection).

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Test Message 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.