AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was a real turkey today. After a move, I have been re-assemblying my home theater, and somehow my system triggers will not work. My configuration is:

Casablanca3 attempting to turn on a Theta Dreadnaught I/5 channel. The two Theta units, and my other equipment iare powered thru a Monster Cable HTS-5100 Signature power center, and in turned connected to a Monster Cable AVS 2000 voltage stabilizer.

I have the Casablanca triggers set for DC. One Trigger wire connects Main 1, to the DC input of the power center. The power center DC output connects to the AVS 2000 DC input

The Dreadnaught is connected to an unswitched outlet on the power center, thus the red stanby light is always on. I have the two front channels on the Dreadnaught's stereo bus, and the surrounds and center on the surround bus.

i cannot get the units to turn on/off with the one button of my Harmony 880 remote,

I know that i have some simple button or setting set wrong, but after 48 hours of attempting everything, I could certainly use any assistance the great guys on the AVS Forum can provide.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by els

I was a real turkey today. After a move, I have been re-assemblying my home theater, and somehow my system triggers will not work. My configuration is:

Casablanca3 attempting to turn on a Theta Dreadnaught I/5 channel. The two Theta units, and my other equipment iare powered thru a Monster Cable HTS-5100 Signature power center, and in turned connected to a Monster Cable AVS 2000 voltage stabilizer.

I have the Casablanca triggers set for DC. One Trigger wire connects Main 1, to the DC input of the power center. The power center DC output connects to the AVS 2000 DC input

The Dreadnaught is connected to an unswitched outlet on the power center, thus the red stanby light is always on. I have the two front channels on the Dreadnaught's stereo bus, and the surrounds and center on the surround bus.

i cannot get the units to turn on/off with the one button of my Harmony 880 remote,

I know that i have some simple button or setting set wrong, but after 48 hours of attempting everything, I could certainly use any assistance the great guys on the AVS Forum can provide.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Doesn't the Dreadnaught need to receive a pulse from the Pre/Pro to turn on?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampfox
Doesn't the Dreadnaught need to receive a pulse from the Pre/Pro to turn on?
I set it to pulse, however I need to confirm the time length.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't remember the required pulse length and don't have access to the DN manual at the moment. However, it's easy to get out of sync using pulse triggers. A pulse is sent when either the CB III is turned off or on by the main power switch in back or when power is lost. Had that happen more than once after the power was off from a storm or what not.

Have you tried bringing the CB III out of standby and then turning the DN I on manually? If it's a sync issue when you then put the CB in standby the DN should also. It should also then come out of standby when the CB does.

If that doesn't do it you'll have to check the manual for the pulse length and make sure the switches didn't get tripped in back of the DN for whether the channels are main or surround. Could just be a bad cable too.

I should add that the CB III retains the trigger settings even when power is removed. Make sure the cables are hooked to the correct trigger ports. The DN to the pulse port and the Monster units (I'm guessing) to continuous DC port. And remember that one trigger port is a remote connection and not triggered by bringing the CB out of standby.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampfox /forum/post/19561613

Is everything working now?

thanks for the followup.

with the great team on the forum, i can now get the surround bus to come on via trigger. i am still having difficulty getting the red light to come out of standby (i have the LF/RF on the stereo bus, and the C/RS/LS on the surround bus). i cannot recall if the amp remains in standby until it come out, thus the red light.

i am going to substitute another AVS2000 voltage stabilizer, to see if it is the trigger problem. additionally, i am going confirm each of the main 1-3 power triggers is sending a signal. this will let me learn if the CB3 is sending a signal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts