Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just upgraded from a Denon AVR-5800 to a Theta CasaNova / Dreadnaught setup and I had a question regarding the setup on the CasaNova. On the 5800 it used the analog inputs until a digital signal was recognized on the digital input. Is there a way to setup the CasaNova to automatically switch to a digital signal like this?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Steve,

I think what you are referring to is 'auto' Dolby Digital/DTS. To set this up push setup>input>AD>source then enter Toslink or coax etc. in # 1. If you want analog enter analog in # 2 NOTE: your video inputs must also be entered in # 1 and # 2 to receive a image and sound on both. Keep in mine there is really no need for analog inputs except on analog only components and for recording to a VCR.

When you receive a DD or DTS signal your Nova will auto switch.

I have programmed a dozen Casa Nova's if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Enjoy

Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I'm not talking about the auto switching to DD or DTS. What I'm having a problem with is a Digital Cable box that doesn't send an output signal in digital unless it is a digital channel. So I can't setup the CasaNova with only the digital input I have to set it up with both the digital and the analog inputs.

With all the other surround products I have used they can be set to automatically switch to the digital input over the analog input when that source is detected.

Steve

·
Registered
117 Posts
Steve,

What type of digital output are you using, toslink, coax ?

Try setting your default surround to Matrix or Pro Logic. Push setup>input then mode #4. Set mode to Matrix or Pro Logic and when a DD signal comes see if it switchs to DD.

You are probably will have to program a digital input and an analog input and hit the AD button to switch between analog an digital. The Nova will not auto switch inputs and I'm not aware of other units that will auto switch inputs only auto switch types of input signal, mono, pro logic, dolby digital dts etc.

I have never had a component that requires digital and analog at the same time. I've hooked up both analog and digital on a component and made my choice before I started watching a video.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.