AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
22,470 Posts
You figure that every 3-4 years a new version of a component will come out! That's technological progress and capitalism at work!!! HA! Since the Dreadnaught has been out several years I would bet that the II version will be out within the next 2 years.

· Registered
372 Posts
I think waiting for Dreadnaught 2 will make you go insane.

Why don't you just buy the Dreadnaught and when the version 2 comes.. just upgrade it, if you feel it is worth your money.

Besides Dreadnaught 1 is already an excellent performer. I used it myself for my surrounds, center channel and subs

FYI: I just upgraded my Krell FPB 200c to the new FPB 300Cx for $500. I think adding $500 to get 100 more watts is worth it...

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did buy it and you're right, it's a great performer. I was just wondering if there is any truth to the II coming out in a couple of months as some are implying on other threads.

Sam

· Registered
845 Posts
If it isn't coming in a few months, it will come in a few years. That is the nature of consumer electronics. Enjoy what you have and don't worry what is coming out soon.

· Registered
372 Posts
My dealer always say the word " SOON" ,whenever I asked him for the new Theta Six Shooter (The pass thru for Casanova). But they have been saying the word "SOON" since December 2001.

· Registered
Trinnov Alt16, Parasound Amps, Martin logan speakers, 120” screen, SVS subs and dedicated media room
791 Posts
It's not a rumor, it "is coming..."

Eric

· Registered
413 Posts
...Wasn't suppossed the Citadel to be called to occupy the "throne" as far as power amps goes in the Theta line?

Aside from a very shy initial advertisement, I have not heard anything about the Citadel. Have you, fellows?

J.V.

· Registered
22,470 Posts
The latest Stereophile just reviewed The Citadel positively, at $16,000 plus per pair. I think each amp weighs like about 160 pounds each!!!!! They're available now.

· Registered
Trinnov Alt16, Parasound Amps, Martin logan speakers, 120” screen, SVS subs and dedicated media room
791 Posts
A new 800wpc version is coming too :)

· Registered
70 Posts
The Dreadnaught II is in production and is shipping NOW (3wk back order). It has a new transformer which allows the new amp modules to hit 225w/ch in 5 ch mode or 250w/ch in 2 ch mode. Price for 5ch is $6,500.

Upgrade Pricing:

You recent Dreadnaught owners should be sitting down and away from sharp instruments. To upgrade to the new transformer is $1,450. Trade-in your old 200w module for 225w is $765/ch. New 225w module is $850. 100wx2 is still $1,000. Remember, the new 225w module in an existing DI will only hit 200w, you need the new transformer to get 225w.

The reality is the Dreadnaught is a great amp and you should be happy :). If you have to have the latest and greatest, well :mad: .....

mike

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No sharp objects needed. I think it is awesome that Theta built the new modules to work in the D1. This gives you any sonic improvements of the new electronics only sparing 25 watts. It doesn't get much better than that.

Also, I think D2 has two transformers, not just a new style. (???) Of course, this could also add some sonic benefit depending on your configuration.

Thanks!

Sam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.