AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jusr received my Dreadnaught, which is replacing (a far inferior, IMHO), EAD PM1000. I have been bi-wiring my speakers, and am now thinking (always thinking and tweaking) of BI-AMPING my front speakers with 4 channels of the Dreadnaught. What is the BEST way to split the signal from my Processor (Casablanca 2), in order to get it to 2 channels of the Dreadnaught?

Any ideas, help, greatly appreciated.

S

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am doing the exact same thing with some Aerial 10Ts and my Theta gear. After checking with Mary Cardas at Theta, I had Colleen at Cardas Cable make up some XLR Y cables to split the signal between the CBII and Dreadnaught. I have received the Y cables but not my second set of speaker cable yet so it will be a little while longer until I can report results.

Mike

·
Registered
944 Posts
An alternative, very cost effective/cheap way (about $20) to do exactly this is to use a Monster Cable Y-Adapter that would connect directly to the unbalanced output on the CB II. The drawback is that this would be an unbalanced connection; both the CB II Superior and Xtreme DACs along with the Dreadnaught are fully balanced designs, so there's a little bit of sacrifice. But it is cheap! :D

More info on the Y-Adapter: http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...ers%20-%20Pair

P.S. I use a Monster Cable Y-Splitter for the LFE channel between my subwoofer and the tactile transducers in my system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.