AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sears delivered my Tv on Tuesday at 8:35 am. I went outside and saw that it was a 61 inch Hitachi. I ordered a Toshiba 50H81. Anyway, I told them no thanks. Later I looked at the receipt and they put down the wrong Tv. The Hitachi was a 61 inch widescreen 61UWX10B or something like that. It lists for 3300 on their website. That would have been a great deal if I would have wanted that TV. They pricematched the 50H81 for 2155 or something. I never looked into Hitachi, nor know if that monster would have made it into my basement. I want a Toshiba, but a 61 inch widescreen at that price is amazing. (I'm feeling a bit cheated that the Sears guy wouldn't give me the Tosh for less since I had lower price matches.) Anybody know anything about that Hitachi? They seem to have that version and a more expensive 61 inch with 6 lenses instead of 5 too. (I don't even know what that means.) I think I'll stick with the Toshiba since that is what I wanted all along anyway (unless someone can give me good reason to change.)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sears probably would have caught their error and made you exchange the set or maybe given you a good discount to keep the Hitachi.

Only people have morals, businesses have no morals.

Jerry

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just delivered the Toshiba 50H81 about 2 hours ago. It is the perfect size for my basement. I don't know if the gentleman messed up at Sears by putting the wrong item, but meant to put the Tosh. They would have had to let me take the 61 inch Hitachi. I have the receipt that says it is paid for. I didn't even know if that model was widescreen or even HDTV (I think it may have said HD on the box though.) By the looks of it, I don't think it would have even fit down my stairs. BTW, the thing is great. The analog cable looks awful, but the DVD looks awesome and it wasn't even tweaked much. I'm waiting for my DST-3000 and then I'll give directv a call once I get the okay from my condo association allowing me to put it up. I wanted the Tosh all along anyway. If anything would have happened with the Hitachi I would have kicked myself after a long time of research and decision to get the Tosh 50 inch.

·
Registered
842 Posts
You turned down on a 61" Hitachi for a 50" Toshiba? I have heard nice things about Hitachi digital and use to have a analog ultravision. I would get the Hitachi in a second. Make sure that model is widescreen and go up to circuit city and look at them. If it will fit go for it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.