AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year someone posted a picture of one of these that they had found at Sam's, but few people could find them. Well I was there today and was surprised to see they had their Halloween stuff out so I took a look and found this guy. He talks and sings and his head eyes and mouth move. You can also talk through him with a microphone. I will eventually convert him to a Darth Vader but will probably use him in his current for for Halloween

Pat
http://users.rcn.com/patlu1/pictures/100_2282.JPG

·
Registered
247 Posts
I stumbled onto that thread last week. I was planning on going to Sams to see it they had them in stock this year, but totally forgot about it.

Are the still about a hundred bucks? How much does it weigh and do you have a close up of the face?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Does it look like the face would be interchangeable? I have some regular over the head masks that look better than the one it comes with.

Scott

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
meallen, It is about 6 ft tall.

Scott, You could put other masks over his head but I wouldn't say the face is interchangeable, his mouth and eyes actually move as he talks.

Right now he is weaing a Yankee hat and he kinda looks like Joe Torre

Pat

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
The Darth Vader is a great idea....or a Storm trooper with ST costume kit or Darth Maul using a latex mask and black robe.

Ron

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat6366
meallen, It is about 6 ft tall.

Scott, You could put other masks over his head but I wouldn't say the face is interchangeable, his mouth and eyes actually move as he talks.

Right now he is weaing a Yankee hat and he kinda looks like Joe Torre

Pat

So you said that you are going to convert him to Darth Vader? With the Yankees hat, he is already on the Dark Side!!! And he does look like Joe Torre - sounds like he is more animated though!!!

:>

Long Time World Champion Red Sox Fan!!!

Dennis

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisgg
So you said that you are going to convert him to Darth Vader? With the Yankees hat, he is already on the Dark Side!!! And he does look like Joe Torre - sounds like he is more animated though!!!

:>

Long Time World Champion Red Sox Fan!!!

Dennis

He is supposed to be a Frankenstein type character, which reminds me more of the Red Sox; finally comes back to life after being dead for 86 years. :)

Pat

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
He does look like Torre. A sickly green, knowing his Yanks aren't even going to make the playoffs. The dark, sunken eyes as Steinbrenner has been yelling at him at all hours of the night...

GO SOX.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat6366
He is supposed to be a Frankenstein type character, which reminds me more of the Red Sox; finally comes back to life after being dead for 86 years. :)

Pat

:D :D :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just found a Butler at my local WalMart. I was wanting one since last year when a few members had found them. They are going to be a great addition to the theater. Looks very real, he breaths (chest expands and contracts) speaks, moves his head and eyes. During the off season he could take tickets. Keep your eyes open at walmart or sams i spose. You can see him at the gemmy website. Only a C-note for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.