AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It looks like I can get a reasonable price on a used pair of Thiel CS2.4 speakers. I currently have Rotel RMB 1095 driving my Paradigms - Do you guys think I can use the Rotel to comfortably drive the Thiels?

Has anyone used or listened to the above combo? Would I be able to extract the most out of the speakers using the Rotel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack_tor /forum/post/16967088

Hi,

It looks like I can get a reasonable price on a used pair of Thiel CS2.4 speakers. I currently have Rotel RMB 1095 driving my Paradigms - Do you guys think I can use the Rotel to comfortably drive the Thiels?

Thanks!

IMO the Thiels are more difficult to drive than the Paradigns but the Rotel is more than capable to handle that load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack_tor /forum/post/16967088

Would I be able to extract the most out of the speakers using the Rotel?

Thanks!

This is a hard question to answer and will stir a lot of different views and opinions from different crowds. I think it would, but I would suggest you get a loaner from your local dealer an amp say a Musical Fidelity, Plinius or a Pass Lab and directly compare it with your Rotel. Only trust your ears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.