AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new Sammy LN55B5650 which I absolutely LOVE!

However on top of my screen when viewing SD channels coming from my DirecTV HR-23 HD DVR I have a thin fuzzy white line.

I never had this before on my Sammy plasma or my older samsung lcd tv.

I have the format set to "screen fit" and my hd dvr is set to native off and has been set for widescreen 16:9 format.

Any ways to fix this as it's really annoying.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind guys..

I found a solution using the picture fit option and moved it up two clicks.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khurram /forum/post/16950407

Nevermind guys..

I found a solution using the picture fit option and moved it up two clicks.

Normal, and yes, you fixed it.
TV often isn't precise in its signal, which is why you can move the picture around to eliminate extraneous broadcast noise.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately it seems that each time I turn the tv on and off it resets the screen position and I have to adjust it each time.

I would assume that my set would remember the settings.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Use Picture Size, not Picture fit. Set it to 16:9, instead of Fit To Screen. There's a handy button the the remote for this: P-Size. And the setting sticks between shut-offs.

What you are seeing is called "overscan", extra information that most broadcast stations send, because most old TV's were set to zoom-in/crop the signal they received. So.. with new TVs, like your Samsung, you get the choice between size "Fit to Screen" which is 1-to-1, for pixel-accurate inputs like Blu-Ray and DVD, and size "16:9" which is really "support for overscan", for old, less precise signals like broadcast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts