AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the approval to upgrade the entire system.

Room Size: 13'x15'

Getting a new Panasonic TC-P50G25

Input is DirecTV - HDvr

Speakers- not sure- I have another thread going in the speaker forum asking for input there. Polk or Energy

Blue Ray- Not sure as well- I really like the Oppo , but it may be out of budget

I think the key is the receiver. Due to the cabinet space, I am leaning towards the Marantz 1601 or 1501. (depending on deals)

In searching, I cant find other thinner receiver options. Are these the best options for tighter spaces, or am I missing one?

Thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm happy with my 1501...not sure of any others like it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I also was looking at these two options. My current receiver can only be removed by sliding my entertainment unit about 4 ft from the wall so I can pull it out from behind. It's too tall to remove from the front. From what I gather, the Marantz ones are the only thin options available.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake9 /forum/post/19627690

I also was looking at these two options. My current receiver can only be removed by sliding my entertainment unit about 4 ft from the wall so I can pull it out from behind. It's too tall to remove from the front. From what I gather, the Marantz ones are the only thin options available.

Also, there is a thin Sherwood.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Also Arcam Solo Movie 5.1. All in one type of unit. No room correction or HD audio.

·
Registered
30,154 Posts
Marantz is pretty much the only player in this game unless you want to spring $1800 for the Denon S-5BD .

if at all possible, get the 1601 over the 1501 so you get Audyssey technologies (MultEQ + Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume) as opposed to the rudimentary MCACC setup in the 1501. Either will have plenty of power for a small room like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/19627956

if at all possible, get the 1601 over the 1501 so you get Audyssey technologies (MultEQ + Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume) as opposed to the rudimentary MCACC setup in the 1501. Either will have plenty of power for a small room like that.

Thanks for all the responses. Love this forum - especially for noobs like me.

The 1601 was what I was leaning to as well....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/19627956

if at all possible, get the 1601 over the 1501 so you get Audyssey technologies (MultEQ + Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume) as opposed to the rudimentary MCACC setup in the 1501.

MCACC is from Pioneer. Marantz's own set up routine is MRAC.

AJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.