AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for ideas for a thin speaker setup. At least a 5:1. Right now Amazon has the KEF T305 for $2,200. There's a $500 amazon gift card with it. I already have subs so I will probably sell the included $700 sub for ~$500. Ultimate the five speakers will cost me ~$1,300.

Is there another set of speakers (5 or 7 speakers) that is between $1,000 to $1,500 after rebates that is compareable? I'm not saying the KEF is bad. The reviews are great. Just looking for other ideas to think about.

I'm looking to do a projector setup with a curved, acoustically transparent screen. The center and front speakers will be behind the screen.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Do the speakers need to be thin because they are going behind the screen? Are in wall speakers an option if that is the situation?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do the speakers need to be thin because they are going behind the screen? Are in wall speakers an option if that is the situation?
Yes, my thought was they needed to be thin because they will be behind the screen. I'm not so sure in-wall will work so well. It's a existing building so I'd prefer not to cut and route wires through the drywall. I was planning on using flat wires and painting them to match the wall. Other thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
How thin do you need? Paradigm Millenia LP 2 might be an option with MilleniaOne for surrounds if 5 of them would be too much. Martin Logan Ultra-Slim motion series would be another option. I can't think of too many under 2". Triad makes some a little more than 2" depth.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
As far as thin, wall mount speakers go the KEF T305 are standard for that price point. But, you will get much more speaker (and better sound) for your money if you can go with standard bookshelf speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts