AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small finished basement that I am planning to finish. My plan is to make a small media room/office. Basically looking for tips/tricks/things you wish you would have done differently with your setup.

I'm unable to go high end with equipment and already have everything purchased. I have my 60" Panny Plasma, a 5.1 receiver and 5.1 speaker setup. I plan on using Roku for all my media, and connecting via ethernet. Lights will be controlled via Zwave. Haven't really read up on much about intergrating the home theater into Zwave. Are there options?

The room is long and rectangular, 12" across and ~30" down with the steps coming in at one end. Again just looking for general advice, or lessons learned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Here's what will soon become "my" space. I am not even remotely handy, so we shall see how this goes.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Looks like a nice space to work with.

How many seats are you after, and how tall is the room?

Could the room be subdivided into theater and office? What's behind that door and short section of

wall?

Any chance you'd want a large screen and projector in the future?

Have a floor plan with measurements?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd  /t/1520581/things-learned-during-basement-finish#post_24437098

Looks like a nice space to work with.

How many seats are you after, and how tall is the room?

Could the room be subdivided into theater and office? What's behind that door and short section of

wall?

Any chance you'd want a large screen and projector in the future?

Have a floor plan with measurements?

Due to having two small kids I am going with a multi-use room. I hope sometime in the future to upgrade to a single use theater, until that point however I'm using current sofa we own.

The short section of the wall is storage under the stairs. I believe that is where we are moving the washer/dryer, but that's not confirmed yet. I haven't created a floor plan yet as I'm still focused on the rest of the house. I hope to do that soon however.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
If you can avoid having the washer/dryer and media room in the same room, I would

advise that you do so. I previously had the open concept basement with an open pass

through bar at the end of a very nicely finished laundry room. Looked great but functionally,

it was a disaster with the noise conflicting with viewing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts