AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Things We Lost In The Fire last night (Halle Berry; Benicio Del Toro), and perhaps it was my PS3's upconversion capability, but I thought the PQ was great. I'm not a real stickler for these things, but I didn't notice EE or other digital "enhancements" (i.e., the ones that actually detract from, not enhance, the picture). I've read that there is crushing of blacks and overblown whites in this DVD, but my Sony GWII has too limited a contrast range and too poor black levels to notice these things. What I did notice was how sharp and crisp (not artificially, either) the image looked, especially with the closeups of the faces and the eyes (something used a bit too much in this film, IMO). At times it seemed to approach Blu-Ray/Hi-Def quality.

Or was it just my imagination? Anyway see this to comment on the PQ?

It was a decent film, a bit Lifetime-Movie-ish in parts, and probably not as good as it could have been, but perhaps worth a rental. Some bad language, but it might actually be a good film for pre-teens to see the effects of drug use (Del Toro plays a heroin addict, and some of it is grim, indeed).

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweiss /forum/post/15430294

It was a decent film, a bit Lifetime-Movie-ish in parts, and probably not as good as it could have been, but perhaps worth a rental. Some bad language, but it might actually be a good film for pre-teens to see the effects of drug use (Del Toro plays a heroin addict, and some of it is grim, indeed).

I saw this just after it came out in Dec of 2007 and felt that it was a very good movie. Not a great film but a very good one. I'd agree, at times it was a little Lifetime-Movie-ish but overall I enjoyed it. Of course that could have something to do with my lust for Halle Berry.

Worth a rent; especially if you like Halle Berry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.