Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. at least it had a longer run than this OLED facility:

Negotiated Sale

On the instruction of our client

Complete Production Facility

for OLED Display Panels

Location of Assets: Singapore

Assets in this sale include:

State of the Art Second Generation Production line 1 and 1.5 OLED's, Design capacity 1m/month, Waste Water Treatment Facility, Kodak initial License, Installed 2004

On View: strictly by appointment

Contact Information:

GoIndustry Henry Butcher

Singapore

Lynn Tan

Tel: +65 6820 3828

Fax: +65 6820 3829

Email: [email protected]

To receive future notices of disposals register today at no charge!

About GoIndustry

GoIndustry is one of the world's largest asset sales and services firms. With over 260 employees located in 20 countries, GoIndustry provides a comprehensive service range including including live, webcast and online auctions, private treaty sales, appraisals and valuations, consulting, trading, going concern sales and webcast technology. For large corporations, GoIndustry provides management and internal redeployment solutions for used and under-utilized industrial assets.

This message is brought to you as a service from GoIndustry. You can change your address or email preferences here or unsubscribe from all GoIndustry Marketing.

GoIndustry Marketing, New London Bridge House, 25 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9BQ, UK

www.goindustry.com
www.henrybutcher.com

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme /forum/post/0

think CRT is dead?

Hell no I don't think that, any more than vinyl records are dead and those are actually making a strong comeback. Only a fool would think something as wonderful as CRT projection is dead or dying.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm /forum/post/0

Hell no I don't think that, any more than vinyl records are dead and those are actually making a strong comeback. Only a fool would think something as wonderful as CRT projection is dead or dying.

It depends on what you mean by dead. Vinyl is dead to the average consumer. Yes, a small percentage of audiophiles still swear vinyl sounds better than digital and this group (the same group that supports the high-end audio market generally - that is, the ones that pay $45,000 for a pair of Wilson speakers) is supporting something of a "comeback" in vinyl. But the average consumer . . . forget it.

As I've said before, CRT will live for a long, long time for videophiles interested in the absolute best picture quality. But just as vinyl is dead to the average consumer, so is CRT. No mainstream company sells CRT projection any more. No mainstream dealers do (Sorry, Curt - I'm talking about B&M stores here). Heck, I think Hitachi is the only company that still sells a CRT rear-projection set. And direct-view CRT TV's are in their death throes. CRT as a mainstream technology is six feet under.

But I still have my NEC 1350, and will for a while yet.

John C.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcolombo /forum/post/0

It depends on what you mean by dead. Vinyl is dead to the average consumer. John C.

Sure it's dead to the ignorant, un-washed masses and that's OK. Helps feed me air of superiority

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm /forum/post/0

Sure it's dead to the ignorant, un-washed masses and that's OK. Helps feed me air of superiority

Not to mention keeping the prices down!

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's going to be an exciting year ahead for CRT. There's many unanswered questions I think. Like how many more untapped corporate sources of CRT projectors are left? Have we seen the last of government/military auctions and companies clearing out their projectors? Are all of the CRT projectors now in private hands? If so, how long before we can only get our hands on sets with worn tubes? (assuming that VDC tubes will only support certain brands and at an ever increasing cost).

I think though that the number of sets sold could actually remain at good levels over the next year, as people find it more affordable to upgrade, so the turnover will be good. It also becomes more affordable to experiment with mods and upgrades. If you suffer a mod disaster, hey, replace the set. More and better upgrades will be published because we can afford to try to mod $20 boards that used to be $200 to replace.

If we see a set with cmjohnson's yoke mods, MP & VDC & Eisemann mods, and HD144 lenses, that'll resurrect the interest......here's looking forward to the year that will produce 4kx2k from an 8inch CRT.......?!

Maybe I'll be eating my Marquee lens foam in a year's time!

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geez, you guys totally missed my point!

HEre's a liquidation of a factory that manufactures stuff that hasn't hit the market yet, but VDC is still cranking out CRTs, literally 80 or more years after they were invented.

Maybe I should retitle the thread 'OLED- dead in the womb?'

Dunno what happened today, but I've gotten over 50 emails today, all CRT related, and took literally dozens of calls today. I'm on my second cell battery. One poor guy tried dialing me for 90 minutes, I was on 5 tech support calls at about 20 minutes each... CRT...Dead? I don't think so!

·
Registered
289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme /forum/post/0

Geez, you guys totally missed my point!

HEre's a liquidation of a factory that manufactures stuff that hasn't hit the market yet, but VDC is still cranking out CRTs, literally 80 or more years after they were invented.

Maybe I should retitle the thread 'OLED- dead in the womb?'

Dunno what happened today, but I've gotten over 50 emails today, all CRT related, and took literally dozens of calls today. I'm on my second cell battery. One poor guy tried dialing me for 90 minutes, I was on 5 tech support calls at about 20 minutes each... CRT...Dead? I don't think so!

Curt,

You know extended use of a mobile (sorry cellular - as translated from UK speak) is bad for you!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles /forum/post/0

Man, what happened with the density of poelpes today? I'm drunk and I get the point of the thread jsut fione.

Was that before or after Curt explained it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.