AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm finally looking to toss cable TV to the curb (stupid Time Warner) and looking to go OTA. I've picked up most of the equipment I need and everything seems to be alright, but I'm just wondering if I should add a Signal booster to the mix. Here's my setup.

I have a TERK HDTVa Amplified Indoor Antenna set up in the attic pointing in the direction of the nearest big city (Charlotte, NC). The Antenna is powered and connected to a 50' Coax line down to my cable break out box.

There it's plugged into a Viewsonics VSMA-608C amplifier and then there's home-runs from there to each room.

You guys think I need anything else, or should I be good?

Also, you think when I cancel the cable sub, TWC will come out and rip out their box or am I safe to use it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,255 Posts
You have an "amplified" antenna and an amplified distribution amp. IMO, don't fret about a "signal booster"... get a real antenna if your have OTA reception issues.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
What Ratman said. +1

Adding any more amps will only add to the noise, causing loss of signal quality. If you're experiencing dropouts with the current antenna, you need a better antenna or a better spot to put it.

If you're not experiencing dropouts, more signal will not improve picture quality at all.

TWC won't "rip out" their box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.