AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd previously posted to the soundbar section, but after some more thought and some Christmas assistance to raise my budget, I've decided to go the AVR+5.1 speaker setup.

For a budget of about $700, what do you think of using a Denon 1910 receiver and a 5.1 set of Polk RM510 speakers? Could I do much better?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the receiver costing so much vs speakers, but I guess this is technically still budget range :p

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbles /forum/post/19588539

I'd previously posted to the soundbar section, but after some more thought and some Christmas assistance to raise my budget, I've decided to go the AVR+5.1 speaker setup.

For a budget of about $700, what do you think of using a Denon 1910 receiver and a 5.1 set of Polk RM510 speakers? Could I do much better?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the receiver costing so much vs speakers, but I guess this is technically still budget range :p

These speakers would probably a better choice IMO. This site also has some very good prices on their AVR's also.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882269024

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those do look good and I love newegg. The extra $100 in cost is a bit of an issue, but I think I could swing it, especially if I found a discount on the receiver.

Or I could change my receiver selection...again...I just thought this one sounded fairly future proof for the $3xx price range.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbles
Those do look good and I love newegg. The extra $100 in cost is a bit of an issue, but I think I could swing it, especially if I found a discount on the receiver.

Or I could change my receiver selection...again...I just thought this one sounded fairly future proof for the $3xx price range.
You could give them a call and ask them if you buy the Energy system will they discount this AVR since their price for it also contains a speaker package. The speakers that they have with this AVR will not be near as good as the Energy's. Worth a try. And this is a very good AVR. 3D and ready to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.