AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I am starting to research a newer AVR. My current is a Yamaha RX-V1600, do not get me wrong I do like it I just wish it had some better features. When I am ready I was thinking about getting one from accessories for less ( its better than e-bay plus at least there is a warranty ). I want to stay between 400 to 600 and depending on the AVR maybe 650 ( Yamaha RX-Z1 ). I do not favor any particular brand without getting into high priced units the three I am most interested in are Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha. To be blunt I have no clue about the latest and greatest auto set-up? or GUI etc. I would like good clean sound at least to me the higher current amps sound the best. I have read good things about all three some say Denon sounds better than Yamaha I do not know so any input on what you guys think is a good AVR would be great.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
The Yamaha RX-Z1 does seem to have a lot of the connectivity you have with your current AVR but it has no HDMI I/O. Maybe that's unimportant to you. On the other hand, this AVR looks like it could provide all the "legacy" connections (e.g., s-video) and give you plenty of HDMI I/O and network connectivity as well. Food for thought.

http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...network-aventage-home-theater-receiver/1.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts