Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Currently looking at 32-40" TV's however I`m thinking of perhaps jumping for the big one and going for a projector. If anyone has any good tips/websites to look at for a novice, although I have read a lot the last week on projectors. Would it be better to perhaps get a second hand one as I`m on a limited budget. I plan to hook it up to a PC too which can act as a dscaler.

I have two rooms which I could put it in, one is upstairs and fairly big while the other one is adjacent to the lounge downstairs with the main tv (which is probably a better place for it?). Anyway the room adjacent to the lounge is about 8 foot by 8 foot, would this be big enough?. I gather I could have about a 6-7 foot wide screen but was wondering how far the projector has to be from the screen (ideally I wouuld want to tuck it behind the archway from the lounge>spare box room.

Also does anyone know of a good place to see/buy a projector in the Birmingham area (UK) ?

Thanks

p.s my memories of projectors from the past were very bad fuzzy / slow screens!.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Don't get less than 2000 lumens or it won't look like TV to you.

------------------

Joe

My current idea of the best value:

Boxlight 38t

Quadscan Elite

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

Da-Lite 100" 4:3 1.3gain

Studio Experience SE616's

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Make sure that the viewing area is about 2x the width of the screen from the screen.

------------------

Ken Elliott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.