AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a regular rear projection 42" HDTV made by Samsung. I'm not at home right now, so I can't give the model number. Anyway, I've been thinking about upgrading to one of the newer DLP units. I do not want plasma, and LCD is still a bit too expensive for me in the size TV that I want, which is either 46" or 50". My current HDTV is used almost exclusively for playing games (75%) and watching DVD movies (25%). We usually watch regular TV on a regular CRT. As most games have an on screen HUD, resistance to burn in is one of my top priorities.

I've been hearing a lot about rainbow effects, so I went to the local electronics store and looked at all the DLP units that they had, shooting my eyes all over the place. The only thing that I got was a headache from trying to watch everything at once. So maybe I'm one of those people that can't see them.

It doesn't HAVE to be DLP. I just want an HDTV with a good bright picture that I won't have to worry about burning in when I play a game 10 hours a day for four days straight. I've been very happy with my Sammy, so I was looking in particular at the different Samsung HDTVs, but I'm open to other manufacturers as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.