AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these speakers comparable to. I already have some Ascend Sierra-1s as my LCR. Was wondering if these would be a major upgrade to those.

Looking to replace the Sierras as they give me ear fatigue. These will be used for HT 90% Gaming 5% and Music 5%.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I'd post this over on the Klipsch thread. You'll find many owners over there that can share experience.

I love my Klipsch, but don't think I've ever heard someone move to Klipsch because their other speakers are fatiguing...it's usually the other way around.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 /forum/post/20798659

I'd post this over on the Klipsch thread. You'll find many owners over there that can share experience.

I love my Klipsch, but don't think I've ever heard someone move to Klipsch because there other speakers are fatiguing...it's usually the other way around.

Depends. The Sierra's are not that efficient and if you are driving them, or your receiver too hard, you may be getting distortion (which can be fatiguing). I love the Sierra's for music, but they would not be my first choice for cinema/home theater speakers.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Probably exactly whats happening.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely not driving them too hard. Volume usually stays around the -32 mark on a Harman Kardon 3600. Just looking for an overall better experience.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 /forum/post/20798945

I'm definitely not driving them too hard. Volume usually stays around the -32 mark on a Harman Kardon 3600. Just looking for an overall better experience.

I guess it is just odd that you find them "fatiguing". Ascend is known for being a pretty neutral speaker. I wonder if it is your environment? Can you describe the room these speakers are in (size of the room, what type of flooring, drapes, etc)?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't be the room as I've had Polk monitor 70s and Infinty Beta 40s in there with no problems. Just a plain old 12x12 room with a couch and carpeted floors and drywall.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I think it could be that room. Tiny, square room with no treatments...not a good recipe.

By the way, I don't think I'd be considering the 7's with that small of a room. You won't be using their potential and could get off cheaper with one of the smaller options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts