AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current Home Theater has white walls and a white ceiling. Ambient Llght is totally controllable and can be reduced to zero.

I am contemplating changing the paint color, if not to black than to something less bright than white.

Can anyone who has done this comment on the ultimate PQ effects of doing this?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I covered my walls and ceiling with high quality black velvet and used jet black carpet on my floor. I have 100% light control and my components are in a closet so their lights are not visible. All cabinets are painted flat black and my chair in this small 11'x13' room is flat black also. This is BY FAR the biggest improvement I have ever made for picture quality. If you don't use black paint at least use a dark grey. I had burgundy walls before and the color of the walls would light up and be quite annoying during bright scenes. If the walls are black or grey they won't draw your attenton off the screen during bright scenes. Black level especially during bright scenes was way better because light wasn't reflecting off the walls and hitting the screen making the image look washed out.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.