AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering selling my Optoma DV-10. I recently upgraded to an HD65. My thoughts were that it would be nice to keep the DV-10 for outdoor movies, and as a backup. However, it would also be nice to have the cash.

The projector has 1200 hours on the bulb. I also had to tinker with the potentiometers just a bit when the laser stopped reading disks. That works fine now, but it adds to my reluctance when it comes to selling the machine.

I would feel badly if I sold the projector and the buyer had trouble with the projector reading discs not long after they purchased it.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Kudos for your integrity! I wish every seller had your desire to be up-front about the condition of the merchandise being sold.

As long as you fully disclose the scenario, you will see that you either get a decent bid relative to the condition (by someone willing to risk it), a silly low-ball bid, or it will just sit there. Of course, you can shield yourself from the low-bids but you are stuck with the basic fees if you want to minimize your costs & it doesn't sell.

Good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you know, the thing is, if I'm only gonna get a couple of hundred bucks for it, it's probably not worth it for me to even sell it. I'm figuring that is probably as good as I can hope for if I list the projector with "issues" and 1200 lamp hours, even if it works fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts