AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have an older Pioneer (515) thinking about upgrading to a newer receiver to take advantage of my Blu-Ray disks.Needs to be 7.1

Don't have or want to spend much so older models and B stock is fine by me.

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
If you already have DD and DTS it may not be worth upgrading just for the HD-Audio formats your blue ray player is capable of. There just isn't that much of a difference between them. Not 'earth-shattering' - not 'night and day' - no 'veil' will be lifted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would upgrade. Losing a bunch of cables by using HDMI is worth it to me. Accessories4less has a good selection of refurb Onkyo and Marantz.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers so far. That's one reason I'm not in a hurry to upgrade is I've read from several folks that the sound difference isn't that great of a difference to most people.

The cables don't bother me,When I redid my bedroom/man-cave I built a false wall just wide enough to walk into and all my cables run behind my eq through a hole then back through to the tv.

Really like the way it came out,can't see any cables or elec. cords at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.