AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have upgraded my speakers recently to JMLab Cobalt S (Fronts: 826S, Center: 800S, Rears: SR800). I am still running my old Infinity Subwoofer CSW-10 . The subwoofer sounds good, but I feel, I should upgrade to match my new speakers.

Any suggestions for a sub. in the range of $600-$800.

Thanks

-Srinath

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
The search button is your friend. ;) Your budget is right smack in the middle of one of the most crowded price points for subs. Lucky for you, there are MANY great subs in that mix. Here's just a few for you to search for, in no particular order:

Hsu

Axiom

Outlaw

SVS

Velodyne

Paradigm

Definitive Technology

REL

RBH

and many others...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1nath
I have upgraded my speakers recently to JMLab Cobalt S (Fronts: 826S, Center: 800S, Rears: SR800). I am still running my old Infinity Subwoofer CSW-10 . The subwoofer sounds good, but I feel, I should upgrade to match my new speakers.

Thanks

-Srinath
1. Room size?

2. Space available for how big of sub?

3. Typical listening type and levels?

4. Finish/WAF requirements?

5. Multiple subs OK?

6. Internet OK or just B&M?

7. Do you know your room response? have plans to EQ the bass?

Answering these questions should help you get some more directed and useful responses instead of a bunch of SVS roxors (they do, but so do others) posts...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Quote:

Thanks

-Srinath
What in the hell??? That is not a upgrade, that is a downgrade. The JM Lab only goes down to 30hz while the Infinity goes dow to 22hz. Also, the Infinity has a 650watt amp and the JM Labs only has a 175 watt amp.

If you really want to upgrade, get a 2nd Infinity CSW-10. 2 of them will STOMP on that JM Labs sub like a little girl!!!

The ONLY thing the JM Lab's sub has going for it is the 13" driver so it MIGHT be a little louder.

The Infinity is better looking, built better, lower extension, has a PEQ, higher wattage, and a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi UNICRON-WMD, Peace.

I did *not* get the JMLab sub. I have only Fronts/Rears/Center from JMLab. I said, I am still using 4 year old Infinity sub (CSW-10). I have used the infinity sub with infinity satellite (modulus) speaker for 4 years.

The infinity sub. is quite potent, if you look at the specs. The main reason for my post is, are the above suggested subs by billybob_jcv, any better than my current infy sub? I know, if I go beyond $1000, I may get better one. But, within $600-$800 range, I doubt.

Thanks for your opinions.

-Srinath

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well, the CSW-10 is only a year and 1/2 old. If you have had your sub for 4 years, it is not the same subwoofer as the CSW-10.

Now if you have the CSW-10, I say get a 2nd one with no regrets.

But if you don't and this is your sub? http://www.infinitysystems.com/homea...HR&cat=&sType=

I say look at a SVS 20-39PC+ or a HSU VTF3 MK2.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found out, it is not CSW-10, but infinity MSW-1 subwoofer which I got along with Infinity Modulus Package. Here are the specs for MSW-1:

Frequency Range: 27Hz – 100Hz (+/–3dB)

Amplifier Power Output: 300 watts RMS, 600 watts peak

Low-Frequency Driver: 12" CMMDâ„¢, magnetically shielded

Crossover Frequency: 100Hz, 12dB/octave

Weight: 42 lb (19.1kg)

I believe, SVS 20-39PC+ or a HSU VTF3 MK2 can be a better match with my JMLab speakers.

Thanks

-Srinath

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Quote:
I believe, SVS 20-39PC+ or a HSU VTF3 MK2 can be a better match with my JMLab speakers.
Well, both of them are great subs for the price. No matter which one you pick, I am sure you will be happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.