AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb to home theater, and was looking at starting with a 3.1 system. I was looking at the eD towers and mtm center with a a5-350. Will be running them on a denon 790. Will that be enough avr or would I need something a little more robust in the power department? Any thoughts on this setup or different suggestions please let me know. The room it is going in is very large, the floor plan of the house is an open design with cathedral ceilings so I really don't know what volume of space I have to fill. 50/30/20 HT/music/gaming.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
you were doing fine until to got to "very large room" and "catheral ceiling"

You will probably need a little more powerful receiver, but more than that, a receiver with "pre-out" connectors so you have the option to add a power amp in the future IF you need one.

In the Denon lineup, that drives you up to the Denon 990/3310 - fairly expensive receivers. Others you might consider are the Onkyo SR707, Pioneer Elite VSX-21, and the Yamaha V665 or 765.

Get a decent mid-level receiver, live with it for a while, AND - IF - you feel you need the extra power, add an external power amp like the Emotiva XPA-3 http://emotiva.com/xpa3.shtm

Your speaker package should do very well.....good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.