AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think..

I have a PN50C550 right now, PQ seems great but a couple things are bothering me, motion blur/judder seems like a big issue to me, its really only aparent on DirecTV, which well isnt the TV's fault..but thats 90% of my viewing

Also the Dark Horizontal bands on light scenes is really annoying and seems as though many are having this issue..

The S2 i returend and swapped out becasue it was defective the pixels were very bright and flashing all over the place, much like what my samsung does but only when your face is right up to the glass, this was aparent on the S2 from 12 feet back

Do all S2's suffer from floating blacks? My friends uncle has the 58? S2 and he says its not an issue on his, mine did for the 20 minutes I was watching it, the bars on black bar content would get very bright in bright scenes but very dark in dark scenes, this aggrivated me

Also the S2 seemed to have some sort of "motion blur" feature which redueced the judder on direcTV, like I said this is most of my viewing so a feature like this is much appreciated

And lastly does the S2 have light horizontal bands on bright and white scenes like the C550 does?

Also I ahve been told blacks look much better on the S2

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because the 550 went up in price big time compared to the S2 and C550

I can do an even trade for the S2 at sears

they do have the 250.. thats the same as the LgPk550 just without the extra HDMI and Service only usb port?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually the PK550 isnt as bad in price as i thought i was looking at the 750..

Is the 550 compareable to the C550?

·
Registered
81 Posts
FYI...even though I sent you some info on the LG550 I have the PN50C550 and the PQ is great to me and I don't see the judder(which I'm glad of) I have tried to stay away from seeing stuff because they say once you start, you keep seeing it. Good luck. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195
What do you guys think..

I have a PN50C550 right now, PQ seems great but a couple things are bothering me, motion blur/judder seems like a big issue to me, its really only aparent on DirecTV, which well isnt the TV's fault..but thats 90% of my viewing
explain to me how if the problem is with Direct TV, how it will be better on any other TV?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeProcopio /forum/post/19580678

explain to me how if the problem is with Direct TV, how it will be better on any other TV?

If another plasma has better video processing im thinking..

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought the 65" s2 last Saturday and the picture looks pretty nice to me. It replaced my 60" SXRD and at first I didn't think the picture was that much better but after watching it for a few days it seems to have really come alive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts