AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a new LT240k to go brighter and more resolution from my very excellent 1yr old X1 which I can then sell.

But a few things kind of bug me...

1) WHERE to buy one? The lowest price found on google is just over $1500, but the vendors at that price point dont look that good. I bought my X1 from Best Buy which felt safe, was carry-home instant, and I could even return it within 14days. Any suggestions on vendors?

2) Always having thought that 1024x720 would cover all HDTV resolutions, I found out that HDTV (both 1080i and 720p) is over 1900pixels horizontally! So my 1024 is just over 1/2 the true HDTV (and presumably HD-DVD) resulution.

3) The X1 bulb goes for $279 and lasts 4000 hours, while the LT240k bulb lasts 3000 on econo mode and 2000 hours on bright mode and costs about $425 - $450

Any thoughts on any of this?

Thanks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its ordered. Got a package deal with electric screen, ceiling mount, and the PJ.

Hopefully it should be here by midweek! Woohoo!!!! I love my X1, so this should be even better!

Wonder how much I can get for the X1 with 84" dalite hi-power screen... or should I keep it?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
We try not to discuss pricing or "where to buy" on this forum.

Keep the X1 for casual use or gaming. ;)

If you have any questions on setting up the 240K just post them here.

I own one, as do many others on this forum. We can help you get the most out of it.

HD looks stunning on it.... Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.