AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of starting over again. I played the entire game, every side quest, every downloadable content, every city quest, every random quest, etc. etc. etc. with a mage. I was thinking of starting over again with a new character. Anyone have any recommendations or thoughts on a class that you tried that was a blast to play as? Anyone try multiple ones and felt one was better then the others?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't have any specific recommendations, but I have a question for you. I'm about 66 hours in and finishing up the Fighter's Guild. At that point I will probably start the main quest. After that I will finish the Dark Brotherhood and will have completed the 1000 achievement points. My question to you is, is there anything in the game you the recommend is a MUST DO before putting the game down forever? Something (a side quest or a character) you thought was so cool that really every player should experience it? I want to make sure I don't miss anything awesome when I put the game down.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
God, I put about 120 hours into that game and didn't finish everything...I can't imagine going back and starting over. That game was amazing, but I just can't think that I'd ever want to do that again.

120 hours is almost a week straight of playing 1 game! That is crazy.

·
Registered
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse17 /forum/post/0

God, I put about 120 hours into that game and didn't finish everything...I can't imagine going back and starting over. That game was amazing, but I just can't think that I'd ever want to do that again.

120 hours is almost a week straight of playing 1 game! That is crazy.

I will probably not do every single quest again, I'll hit the highlights.

·
Registered
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman /forum/post/0

I don't have any specific recommendations, but I have a question for you. I'm about 66 hours in and finishing up the Fighter's Guild. At that point I will probably start the main quest. After that I will finish the Dark Brotherhood and will have completed the 1000 achievement points. My question to you is, is there anything in the game you the recommend is a MUST DO before putting the game down forever? Something (a side quest or a character) you thought was so cool that really every player should experience it? I want to make sure I don't miss anything awesome when I put the game down.

Thanks.

Hmmm, that is a really good question. Most of the downloads are really great, like the Razor quest. At the end you get a really wicked blade to use (instant death). Plus the graphics in the new stuff is really cool. I also liked the latest download Knights of the Nine, nice new items, weapons, creatures, etc.

Other then downloads, I really liked the quest arc that you visit each daedric shrine and do their quests. Once you do all of them, you then go to the last daedric shrine and do something really cool. In the end you get the best sword in the game (besides from some of the downloads).

·
Registered
80 Posts
You could try selecting primary skills that you never use, then try and finish the game as a level one character. I've been thinking of trying that.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR /forum/post/0

Other then downloads, I really liked the quest arc that you visit each daedric shrine and do their quests. Once you do all of them, you then go to the last daedric shrine and do something really cool. In the end you get the best sword in the game (besides from some of the downloads).

Very interesting. How do you initiate this quest line? Or is there no initiation, you just go ahead and happen to find and do all of them? I have found and completed a handful (maybe 5 or so) but am making a conscious effort not to just go online and find out where they all are. Although if there if something neat happens when you complete all of them, I might do that once I've completed the main quest and all 1000 achievement points.

·
Registered
32,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman /forum/post/0

Very interesting. How do you initiate this quest line? Or is there no initiation, you just go ahead and happen to find and do all of them? I have found and completed a handful (maybe 5 or so) but am making a conscious effort not to just go online and find out where they all are. Although if there if something neat happens when you complete all of them, I might do that once I've completed the main quest and all 1000 achievement points.

You just go to each one. It was a long time ago but I think there is a map or note you find that has the general location of them all on it, not sure. Sorry.

When I say neat, I mean its different, not like, oh man I have to see that. I'll put it in a spoiler tag if you want to see what it is.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) After you visit every shrine and do each quest, you then visit the last, main shrine, when you get to the last shrine you have to go and kill a member of every race from each shrine. Once you do that, you get to permenantly get a boost in a stat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.