AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, theres a deal up here on buy one one free Polk RTIA7 speakers for $600. I am thinking about picking up a pair, but I heard the amp needs to be strong to power them. I have a HSU VTF-15H currently as a sub so I don't need to push them that far down with base since that baby powers alot.

I am thinking of getting a Denon 2112 or 2312... 95w/chan I believe. for the 2112.

Is that enough to power the towers? Also, does anyone have any recommendations outside of the Polk A7's?? I was looking at Klipsch and Axioms (can't afford the Paradigm I want now) and they are both very nice speakers I hear but I probably can't demo the M60's.

Any help is apreciated

·
Registered
608 Posts
Where is this deal? I am looking to buy these speakers as well to finish out my theater.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the RTi A3's and drive them with a Pioneer VSX-32. They seem to like it, but could always use a little more power.

I would love to get in on this deal if you would share the information.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20812298

The 9(or is it 15) must be 4ohm...

Never understand how speakers(8 ohm at least) get a rep for being "hard to drive"...

Actually all Polk RTi line are 8ohm speakers... Some simple research on their website shows you that the rti a7 are 8 ohm w/ 89db sensitivity

The Polk LSi-line and the the LCi-line in-wall speakers are Polks only 4ohm speakers currently for sale

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Anything you get, make sure its got pre-outs. More than likely you will end up adding a dedicated 3 channel amp for your front three as the RTi's (and honestly any true speaker) benefit greatly from dedicated power as opposed to AVR power (which most budget AVR's kinda lie about their wattage).

If you get a Pioneer amp with the ICE amps, then your giving it closer to the listed WPC rating, otherwise its probably not anywhere close when your hooking up more than two channels.

I have a decent AVR (Integra DTR 5.9) which is 90 wpc supposedly, and I noticed a HUGE gain with adding just a 125 x 5 watt dedicated amp, even at low volumes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts