AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering they Onkyo TX-NR3007 or possibly a Denon model that is comparable. I use MK750 THX 7.1 surround speakers and an SVS sub. I have enjoyed the Onkyo its a great receiver do you think upgrading to one of these models would be worth it at this time?

help me decide! thanks for your input

Guthrie

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

I honestly think the only Denons that would represent a true upgrade would be the AVR-5308 and perhaps the AVR-4810. The AVR-4810 is still lacking THX Processing and I believe that the Reon in the 875 is superior to the video solution in the 4810. The AVR-5308 uses the Realta, which is fantastic and is the Video Processor on which the Reon is based.

I am quite fond of Denon. However, to get an AVR which comes close to offering the same amount of power and quality of Video Processing as the TX-SR875 would represent a major expenditure.

Cheers,

AD

·
Registered
651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oledurt /forum/post/18233519

I am considering they Onkyo TX-NR3007 or possibly a Denon model that is comparable. I use MK750 THX 7.1 surround speakers and an SVS sub. I have enjoyed the Onkyo its a great receiver do you think upgrading to one of these models would be worth it at this time?

help me decide! thanks for your input

Guthrie

Personally I wouldn't upgrade from a 875. I am not saying the new Onkyo's aren't nice, only really added feature you get is, the network capabilities for music and the 2nd subwoofer. 9.2..... really how much media is available in 7.1 let alone 9.2. I would wait for the receivers to have the network capabilities that can decode MKV files. You know its coming. The 875 is a nice reciever!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts