AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 5.1 setup consisting of Boston Acoustics. I have the VR-940 floor towers for my left and right. A VR-910 center channel, and a pair of the Boston Dipolar rears (not sure of model number). I also have a Mirage 10" sub, which I am not currently planning on replacing, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Here is what I am considering and need some advice from people who know the difference between the bostons and paradigms.

Studio 40's Left & Right

Studio Center

Studio ADP rears

This setup and the one I currently have are used 95% of the time for movies and TV. So how much better would you say the paradigms would be? What will the sound difference be like? Are they more mellow, flat, bright..etc...etc.. Thanks in advance for any replies!!

BTW currently in a 11'w x 12'l room. We are having a house built and will have a basement with about a 13'w x 25'l, so the room will be much larger in the new house.

·
Registered
757 Posts
the most important recommendation you can receive is to listen to the speakers. sure, they'll sound different in your house and over time, but it will give you a better idea of soundstage, etc. i even recommend listening to other brands if you have the opportunity. who knows, you may find something that you prefer over the paradigms. the studio line is solid so don't feel as if you are making a weary choice. you won't make a bad choice with this line. also, be sure that you have an ample amount of power for your speakers - especially for that larger room.

i, personally, would not use the adp's. i would try a pair of studio 20's for surrounds. again, this has to do with your preference of sound. you will find several posts in this forum debating the use of adp vs. direct firing speakers, etc.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
wterry...

I have almost similar set up like yours except the ADP. I use Studio/20 for the surround. Many use ADP and they are happy, too. I am sure you would be very happy with Paradigm Studio series though I would recommend you listen before you leap.

Jigesh

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer actually is letting me bring in my Bostons and my Yamaha amp and cabling to do a A/B demo with them. He is very nice and I guess since I bought my Sony HS10 from him, he is being extra helpful. This way I can see if it will be worth the Thousands of dollars it will cost to upgrade. I'm hoping it is!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
wterry...........

I have that exact setup and I'm very pleased. I didn't listen to the Boston's - so I don' know about them.

But, I compared many others. They are very nice clear precise speakers.

Tight bass.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.