AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm about to buy the 63" Samsung PN63C8000 which has a VESA mounting pattern of 600x400.


I really want an articulating wall mount and the thinest I can find is this Sanus http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...n-mount/VLF311


it's only 1.5".


BUT it's $300
at Best Buy..


Looking for an alternative, hopefully under $100? If not, any just great tilting thin mounts? I have a really wide TV room and thought it would be nice to be able to swivel it out.


This is 3" when flat to the wall and half the price but don't know the brand
http://www.amazon.com/AVF-ZL8655--Po...879747&sr=1-11


Peerless unfortunately only makes one for 55"
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Slim-Art...0879799&sr=1-8
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Where did you see that Samsung PN63C8000 is VESA compliant? The manual says:


"Our 58 and 63 models do not comply with VESA Specifications. Therefore, you should use our dedicated wall mount kit for this model."


I was looking at at Monoprice (Product ID 3401), but not sure if it would fit.

Can the owners please post their wall mount brand and model numbers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqueous /forum/post/19575290


Where did you see that Samsung PN63C8000 is VESA compliant? The manual says:


"Our 58 and 63 models do not comply with VESA Specifications. Therefore, you should use our dedicated wall mount kit for this model."


I was looking at at Monoprice (Product ID 3401), but not sure if it would fit.

Can the owners please post their wall mount brand and model numbers?

I am using the Monoprice (Product ID 5916) which looks very similar to the mount you are looking at with a PN63C7000 right now and it fits fine. I believe the mounting points on the 63"s are 600x400. The mount has a 10* tilt and is very slim.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDust /forum/post/19575434


I am using the Monoprice (Product ID 5916) which looks very similar to the mount you are looking at with a PN63C7000 right now and it fits fine. I believe the mounting points on the 63"s are 600x400. The mount has a 10* tilt and is very slim.


Thanks TahoeDust. Did you find Monoprice items sturdy enough to trust hanging your precious TV? I have never bought anything from them so I am little curious. The prices are absolutely rock-bottom as compared to other sites!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqueous /forum/post/19578512


Thanks TahoeDust. Did you find Monoprice items sturdy enough to trust hanging your precious TV? I have never bought anything from them so I am little curious. The prices are absolutely rock-bottom as compared to other sites!

I definitely found it sturdy enough. I too was hesitant because of the price, but was thoroughly impressed. When you think about it, it is just a couple of pieces of metal, so in my opinion monoprice's prices are fair and the others are overinflated. The mount even had a built in bubble level to make sure the TV would be strait. I give them an A+ on everything...service, shipping, price, and quality.


Here is a pic of the TV mounted from the front. That shot from the side kinda makes it look farther off the wall then it is...it really looks super thin, especially with the samsung thin plasmas.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the Sanus VLF311 from PhillMan17 on the forum here. It's a great mount. I'll try to post some pics, but basically it's a super thin articulating mount. When pushed flat against the wall it's thin, but I can pull it out, turn it to either side of the room and tilt it down. My installer said it was one of the best built ones he'd seen.


Super impressed with this one. I currently have my 50" panasonic plasma on it, waiting for the new 64" samsung when it comes out to replace it.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top