AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, did a search didn't really find what I needed. Anyway, I have 38.2" of width in a cabinet, and I was hoping to squeeze in a 42" Plasma or LCD. I have no luck with my searches. Any help, ideas, recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
You wont find a 42" plasma to fit into a 38.2" wide cabinet and probably wont find an LCD to fit either.

Samsungs new LED LCD tvs have the slimmest bezels going right now (for consumer models). A 40" model will fit your cabinet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have checked out the Samsungs, and saw a few options that fit very easily indeed. It's what actually led me to hope that there MIGHT be a 42" I can squeeze in there. I don't know protocol here, so I wasn't sure if I should post this same question in the LCD section?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Samsung does not make 42" LCDs, but LG does. In plasma, Samsung has the PN43D450/490 in 43". But 720p only. For 1080p plasma, consider Panasonic S30 or ST30. If the GT30 is available in 42" it would have a thinner bezel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.