AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UTV came Thursday, and after only 3 days I am in love!!

When we went from cable to DirecTV last year one of the few things I was unhappy about was losing the Local On The *s local forecast on the Weather Channel...Now with UTV I just tape the late local news every day and check out the weather there when I need to see the forecast!

I am psyched for tomorrow night too! On Sunday nights after the 11:00 news here in Boston two of the local channels have a sports wrap show. I was forever flipping and usually missed the good stiff on one when I flipped over to check out the other! NO LONGER!!

I am proclaiming the gospel according to UTV to everyone I know who has a dish.

-cant take the grin off my face!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PatGlennon

When we went from cable to DirecTV last year one of the few things I was unhappy about was losing the Local On The *s local forecast on the Weather Channel...Now with UTV I just tape the late local news every day and check out the weather there when I need to see the forecast!

I am psyched for tomorrow night too! On Sunday nights after the 11:00 news here in Boston two of the local channels have a sports wrap show. I was forever flipping and usually missed the good stiff on one when I flipped over to check out the other! NO LONGER!!

I am proclaiming the gospel according to UTV to everyone I know who has a dish.

Why just those w/ a Dish? ;) Welcome to the UTV family.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Why just those w/ a Dish? Welcome to the UTV family.
True it is actually a better deal for those buying the whole package from scratch as opposed to just buying the receiver!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I tell people this all the time. This thing will change the way you watch tv.

I have gotten to the point where I watch virtually no commercials ever.

Actually when I have to watch something live I feel wierd during commercials. Like "Why won't this button push me into the future? This sucks."

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PatGlennon

This is actually one thing I hate about UTV! I prefer Wink Interactive Weather on TWCi (492) to get instant weather for my area. I can't stand that UTV does not support Wink.

-NJJ

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I miss the local radar. Its not available on Wink or TWC sat feed. WebTV is too slow to use.

You would think that since programming can be restricted by zip code that local weather feeds (including weather radar) would be available by zip also.

Maybe some day......

Regards,

SteveK

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to describe the life-altering event that is purchasing a UTV!

Since I have two now (one for me, one for the wife), I leave one on CNN and one on Bloomberg overnight.

In the morning, I have a couple of hours of useful news at my fingers that

I can quickly scan through before going to work. It's fabulous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.