AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Yes, we are aware of that--- can you say "BIAS". Most of them are fairly balanced, this one we don't quite understand what happened.

Dave

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Plasma TV Buying Guide is not a buying guide, per se, but a front for a seller of plassmas.

That seller cannot sell the P50.

Therefore, the "buying guide" slams it.

It is essentially the sole negative P50 review anyone has found anywhere.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I'm a video snob and I can tell you we CAN sell all brands of plasmas. We choose to sell the Fujitsu first then the Pana if the budget doesn't allow the Fujitsu.

Our sales staff is well educated and veterans of the AV world. Since we have the ability to sell anyone of the best plasmas in the market for the price we will. The Fujitsu is on top at the moment in quality, pricing, availability, reliability, and video imaging.

Sony, Pana, Pioneer etc maybe next but right now the Fujitsu is on on top.

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did find it odd that this was the only negative review, or comments on the P50. They must sell a lot of pannys, since they've always rated them highest.

·
Registered
15,369 Posts
I wonder how many people here read the British AV rags (I use "rags" advisedly). In general they rate plasma performance quite a bit lower than their North American counterparts. To them, plasma is still a cool-factor technology that isn't quite there for the real video enthusiast. Which is ironic because the mags themselves are generally terrible, full of advertising-like, meaningless puffy descriptions of each product.

But when it comes to plasmas all they see is pixelation, crappy blacks and motion smear.

Here's a British review of the Fuji P50:

http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbench...?reviewid=2984

They use words like "insipid" to describe the picture quality and end with: "the company (Fujitsu) still hasn't caught up to the market leaders."

I have read only one single out and out rave of a plasma in the British mags, and it was in a big plasma shoot out. The rave was for the Panasonic 42" ED plasma. The said something like "if this is the future of home displays, we can't wait."

(Still, I don't put an ounce of stock in those mags).

·
23,032 Posts
Every other (pseudo) serious magazine usually takes the time

to calibrate a display. Something which, it appears, the British

rag didn't do. I can believe they noticed "issues" with the

default "dynamic" mode.

larry

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The other thing to consider is the display's performance on PAL may not be as good as it is on NTSC.

It is conceivable that a scalar system might not do as good a job on some TV standards as others. PAL and NTSC are very different technologies.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fab65
I did find it odd that this was the only negative review, or comments on the P50.
No? OK, here's one....it's overpriced. And online purchases carry no warranty, which rubs many the wrong way.

Other than those two rather large negatives, the PQ is great.

elvis

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I should have specified regarding the P50's display/quality/features etc... Price, on line and warranty policies are most definitely less gooder.

·
23,032 Posts
Nuke, I forgot about PAL. You may be right.

Elvisdoc, As I said in another thread, price and internet policy are

"virtues" of Fujitsu the company, not P50 the plasma. True, these virtues

may affect ones decision to purchase. BTW, any luck with any

prospective foster parents? :)

larry

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PooperScooper
Nuke, I forgot about PAL. You may be right.

Elvisdoc, As I said in another thread, price and internet policy are

"virtues" of Fujitsu the company, not P50 the plasma. True, these virtues

may affect ones decision to purchase. BTW, any luck with any

prospective foster parents? :)

larry

Sorry. Did not mean to offend. Jealousy rears it's yuugly head, huh?

No luck finding a P50 Foster Parent as yet but I am working on it.

elvis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.