AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice LCD on the order of the Sanyo 30.

Dan

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It's the Proxima DP8000 and Ask C300. I have the Proxima version.

XGA native, LCD w/MLA

3000 lumens

800:1 on/off contrast

270 watt SHP bulb w/1500 hours

VGA, DVI w/HDCP, S-Video, Composite, BNC Component, USB, RJ45 ethernet

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let put this way my 3000l 400.1 DVI looks gorgeous now imagine 800.1, the brighter the projector is the deep black levels you perceive.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
With a projector that bright you can always add a neutral density filter to improve black levels at the expense of some brightness. When the lamp ages and dims the filter can be removed to get a boost in brightness. It certainly is nice to have this option. The only thing missing from this projector in my opinion would be a sealed optical pathway and native 16:9 resolution.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It's a pretty nice projector overall. It doesn't seem to have as many adjustments as say a Sanyo, which would allow you to find tune your HT experience. It is bright and the contrast is excellent though. Reds seem very strong (maybe a function of the SHP bulb?).

I've used DVI from my PC (Leadtek GF3, Silicon Image chip), and the quality is amazing.

I'm with Scott B, sealed optics and 16:9 native would have been great.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree with gotapex. Nice image quality, but lacking adjustments for HT. The reds ARE very strong, probably due to the exaggerated color saturation. Video processing is good, but not great. Best used with an HTPC, or a nice scaler like the CIVS4.0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.