AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anybody wants to know "what im using this for"

its for my new 480hz SPS Vizio 47" television to watch BluRay videos on ,

as well as a new PS3 im getting to play games on.

That is all, and of course an occasional 3D movie..

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
No such thing as 1.3 certified. There is Category 1 (standard) and Category 2 (high speed).

FWIW at 6' almost all HDMI cables will give you the same picture, but Category 2 will ensure that the cable is up to whatever bit rate you throw at it.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_chiggin /forum/post/20900523

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Ul...=5336055023-20

I know you guys have seen these HDMI cables all over the place..

my second question is,

has anyone tried these in comparison to a higher priced hdmi cable? - if so, did you notice a difference?

thanks !

It's a digital cable - it sends 1s and 0s. The cable isn't smart, so it wouldn't know which bits to change to make the picture better. So, as long as you don't have any errors, the HDMI cables will function the same. Now, having said that, the cat 2 cables provide you more bandwidth and therefore less opportunity for bit errors. If you see an error, you'll know it (they ain't subtle).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Andy,

however..

I do see an error, Its a glitch in the eye blinking, its hard to describe its like it happens so fast that the tv cant keep up with it.. im not sure really its almost like the eyelashes are hitting the television screen and making it distorted for a very very brief moment, but its still noticeable.. and I havent noticed it on BluRay..

It's only when I was playing non blurays .. so far last two i played was Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood) and Sopranos Season 5 disc 4..and when they move their head and do this blink its like a distorted kind of glitch goes over their eyes only for half a second and goes away..

I will try the settings on the TV to see if that helps and changing out the DVD players..

however-

it probably isnt my HDMI cable right?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_chiggin /forum/post/20901679

it probably isnt my HDMI cable right?

Right. If you are just beginning to have problems with the cable, you will see sparkles. Worse, and it will be parts or all of a scan line screwed up. If bad enough, you will lose the entire picture.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Disable all of the Video processing Guff' in your gazillion Hz TV.

If your Source can scale' to the Native Resolution of the Display use its scaling - if not set it to not scale and allow the TV to scale the signal.

You can now start to switch On/Off the various Processing' options on the TV and isolate which one (or combination) is causing the problem you are seeing - and then set it to OFF.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.