AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
You may want to put the sub name in your title to get some more traffic. I should be able to provide a decent answer in a couple days, because I just bought the exact sub used from someone on a different forum. Looking forward to trying it out. From the research I've done, it seems like a very good performer in that price range. By the way, that is the MK1 version of the VTF-2. They are currently on MK3, but if you do some searching you can find some differences between the versions.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
A first generation VTF2 will be pretty old, probably around 10 years old. Things wear out on speakers after awhile, like the rubber gaskets and cone foam. I wouldn't pay $225 for it. Save your money and get a brand new Hsu STF2, you will get something that will last a lot longer, and is covered by a warranty. I think a old VTF2 might be an ok deal at around $125 or less. I just don't think it will have much life left in it.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Don't know why the guy above is against buying a used subwoofer.

How "old" is this one? Could be 10 years, could be three years. Could have had the original amp die and it has a new one in it.

$225 is fair...assuming there are no real scratches on it...and the woofer is in good shape(meaning the surround isn't torn).

I have a M&K subwoofer that was made in the 80's. It is still alive and kickin, I get offers for it every other day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts