AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a marque 8500 converted to a 9500LC . The tubes are Thomas Electronics 9M198PT553 CRT. I would like any input as to the quality, operation or any other input that anyone has. It looks like that the orginal 8" yokes were used on the 9"tubes. The DY outer edge by the CRT is about

3/8" from the tube, when it is as far forward that it can go.

Hilton

·
Registered
4,355 Posts

Thats just how it is, the bell housing is a different shape . So the DFY won't fit as nicely as on a LCP or LUG and even on those there is a slight gap. But if you disconnect the focus Yokes and look at the grid, no loosen all the magnetics and slide the focus yoke up and down the tube neck to get the best focus in the center you can. With no power it should still focus ok, if not then your yokes magnetics are not of proper gauss and would need re-calibrating. or you could try to find some other yokes and by testing each one find the best yoke for each tube.

On my test tube I used to modify the VNB's for those tubes I got good results with the 8 inch DFY's the 9's are not much different in Shape, the coils might be slightly different. But otherwise people have had them work fin on other 9 inch tubes.

here is a picture Scott sent me, 8" on left 9 " on right. I think the restores are different but i cant tell from this pic.

Athanasios

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.