Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I know this is a stretch but I am looking for an operating manual for my 34" Proscan Monitor. I don't have the exact model number with me but it starts with PS34xxx. I'd be interested in any model of the same vintage... I might be able to get enough info from any model that is close to what I have. My Proscan HDTV Monitor was manufactured in 1994! Yes, I know it is an old beast, but it works great with DVD's and now I want to hook it up with a tuner to get over-the-air HDTV broadcasts.

So... does anyone else have a mid-1990's vintage Proscan HDTV monitor that I could get a copy of???.... Help!

Thanks in advance.... this board is the best!

Bud

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
I have the exact same TV. Proscan was really ahead of the times with this one (and lost a lot of money because of it...nobody bought these sets when they were introduced way back before both HD and DVD).

Be aware that the component input (which is so neatly switchable between RGB and YUV on the back) will *only* accept 480P input.

that's right. 480P. Nothing more. Nothing less. No 480I, no 720P or 1080I.

With 480P you can avoid the sets own internal progressive-scan processing and thus improve the picture with a nice 480P DVD player or HD set-top box that downconverts to 480P. Keep in mind also that the set locks into 16x9 "fill" mode with component 480P input...so you'd need a DVD player like the Panny rp91 with complete aspect ratio control for non-anamorphic and 4x3 sources.

Have you called Proscan to try to order a manual? I had a manual already but had them send me a service manual so I could fix the distortion on Cinema A zoom mode.

Any questions about this set please let me know...

-dave :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.