AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please inquire about digital connections for the upcoming projectors. Sony is busy adding firewire or I-link as they call it to their Hd televisions sets but I see no mention of the input for the 11ht. Also ask Sanyo. I think it is kind of unusual for Sony to be adopting firewire but not including it on their new projector. What's the deal?

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
No prob. Bulldog,

While we are on the topic...anyone else need anything checked out at Infocomm? You can live vicariously through those of us going. Feel free to ask anything and we will see if your questions can get answered.

For better or for worse, I booked myself for ALL 3 DAYS of the event, and I am positive that I will be just looking for things to do on the second and third days. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks milori. Have a good time at the event.

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Definitely pound on InFocus for info about their "HT" products! Their announcement in 1/01 has a lot of us panting for more, but they haven't said a word... The price/performance ($3K/5K list for the two versions) was especially tempting. They seemed to have everything right, which is very suspicious... I doubt that they'll have models there, but even better rumors would help!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Digital connectors. Check.

Sony 11HT. Check.

New Sanyo units. Check.

Panasonic Plasma. Check.

Infocus HT offerings. Check.

I was going to write these down, but why don't we just make this the InfoComm questions thread. I will just print it out and take it with me to bring to the show (others are welcome to do the same...multiple opinions would be ideal!).

If you have questions about anything that will be at Infocomm, feel free to post them here. Your questions will be printed and brought to the show, and (hopefully) answered.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If NEC has a booth, look to see what their next DLP projector will be. (Although it seems like a new model, the lt150 was actually released in September 2000). I suspect that in a few months, NEC should be coming out with a new version.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Mark,

Please hit the TI booth hard for info on this SCR technology. Please get a description of how it works that those of us without PhDs in optics can understand.

Man, I hope the InFocus HT is not obsolete before it even comes out.

-phil

·
Registered
589 Posts
Milori,

Thank you for your most kind offer to field questions at Infocomm:

Here are a few that may repeat some others:

Concerning the PLV60:

1. Black level wrt others like Sony 11, Sanyo 21, Dila?, etc.

2. Is the black, black, or is it "purplish"?

3. Is it grainy on DVDs?

4. Does it flash on certain scene changes?

5. Are scan lines and pixels worse than on similar LCD types (someone mentioned this on white backgrounds).

6. Accurate skin and other colors?

7. How does it fill the screen on the 3 major aspect ratios.

8. Comparison between Grayhawk and Dalite HC?

9. Bulb life and cost?

10. Three feet space behind for ventilation, really?

11. How does the internal scaler compare to both external and other Projector model internal scalers?

Same questions (mas o mano) for other projectors like the 11ht, Infocus 530 & other HT projectors.

You may not have time for all this, but even one answer will be highly appreciated.

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Great questions. This should keep me busy while I'm there.

Of course, I already know to write something about the Panamorph if it's there.

Any others?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Mark:

See if anyone has a DLP with the new six section wheel there and tell us what you think. How does it impact brightness and motion artifacts (rainbow)? If you're not rainbow sensitive, see if one of the other guys is and ask them to give us a full report.

Thanks!

Dan (on the road between Albuquerque & Atlanta) Houck

·
Registered
846 Posts
Everyone bringing their laptops to provide avs updates?

I, for one, would much appreciate that. I'm only going to be on the floor on Friday and don't want to miss anything due to time (or more likely gambling and boozing Thursday night).

--Les

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.