AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Setup is Sony TV, Dish Hopper DVR, Xbox One, Bose Cinemate 130 Soundbar.
Everything is hooked up via HDMI now.
However, if I plug in Optical from Xbox One, to the Cinemate 130, and change the Xbox One audio to HDMI Audio OFF, and Optical / Bitstream, I get no sound at all. Just picture.
I would like to use Optical for Sound, and keep the HDMI for Video.  Any ideas what the issue is?

​Currently my Setup is HDMI from TV to Bose Soundtouch. HDMI from Dish DVR to xbox one, then hdmi from xbox one to bose sound touch. Is something wrong with the way I have it connected?

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
Any ideas what the issue is?​
Hi bodean, make sure protective caps are remove from each end of the optical cable. Check the soundbar is setup to accept optical input signal. Check Xbox Display menu under TV Connection is set to Auto Detect or DVI.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi bodean, make sure protective caps are remove from each end of the optical cable. Check the soundbar is setup to accept optical input signal. Check Xbox Display menu under TV Connection is set to Auto Detect or DVI.

Not sure where this xbox display is you talk about. Are you referring to HDMI 1 on my Sony TV, which goes from my TV to my Soundtouch controller for my soundbar?

·
UHD Addict
37,438 Posts
Just use the ARC from the Tv to the BOSE system. Much easier to deal with than optical. You can send 5.1 DD or 5.1 DTS from the XBOne to the Sony TV and then to the audio system over the ARC. It works great in my setup with a Sony speaker bar and a Sony TV.

Since the BOSE only handles legacy audio, there is no reason to connect the XBOne directly to the audio system. Connect the XBOne directly to an HDMI input on the TV. Then use the Audio Return Channel to get the audio to the Bose system.

Assuming it does actually have ARC capability. I'm still amazed that many systems coming out now still don't have features that can match what Sony had in their speaker bars back in 2008.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just use the ARC from the Tv to the BOSE system. Much easier to deal with than optical. You can send 5.1 DD or 5.1 DTS from the XBOne to the Sony TV and then to the audio system over the ARC. It works great in my setup with a Sony speaker bar and a Sony TV.

Since the BOSE only handles legacy audio, there is no reason to connect the XBOne directly to the audio system. Connect the XBOne directly to an HDMI input on the TV. Then use the Audio Return Channel to get the audio to the Bose system.

Assuming it does actually have ARC capability. I'm still amazed that many systems coming out now still don't have features that can match what Sony had in their speaker bars back in 2008.
Running this setup, I would have to plug my Dish DVR, and my Apple TV into the tv also?

·
UHD Addict
37,438 Posts
Running this setup, I would have to plug my Dish DVR, and my Apple TV into the tv also?
You could use the ARC with some devices by using the Tv inputs, and you could also use some more devices with the inputs of the receiver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts