AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a local selling a used Pioneer Elite Pro 101fd. Claims TV has no issues, perfect physical & operation condition, although it has 4,500 hrs on it!

I've been researching a plasma purchase for weeks now, focusing in on the Panny UT/ST/GT series, along with some mild consideration of the Sammy E6500 series. My gut says "buy new", of course, but have such a fondness for those Elite's and a regret that I never bought one.

Am I crazy for even considering buying the Elite Pro 101fd w/ 4,500 hours on it?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If you want it and the price is right get it. 4500 hours is not excessive. I would love to own one.

Of course the risk of having it break with no warranty is there. Also, if it was me I would have it calibrated by a pro. So factor those costs into what you are paying for it.

From everything I've read a properly calibrated Pioneer Elite is still the best tv ever made. The new "Elite" is brighter, does 3d, and also has an incredible picture. I would still take the Pioneer Elite over the new "Elite" if I was given a choice in a raffle I won. lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
You would be sacrificing the 60" to 65" option with a new set

and without a warranty how can that be worth it?

50" is ok and rather common now days but 60" and 65" is a big jump up.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you are only considering 50-55" in tvs, get the Pioneer Elite. If not, get a 60-65 ST/VT50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts