AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
It's huge, do you really need a case that large ?

I've built a couple of HTPC's and found that I'm still not satisfied with the size of cases I've chosen and they're all noticeably smaller than that one.

What is your biggest concern with an HTPC case ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
It should serve your purpose well then, there appears to be ample room for a full size video card and lots of hard drives.

Just curious, is this for gaming too, or just HTPC ?

I ask, because if its just for HTPC, you don't need anything near a full size video card, in fact, the Nvidia ION based mini-ITX mobo's have plenty of gpu power in the onboard video...

I've got one HTPC with a full size BD rom drive, and 3 hard drives with 2.5TB of storage(which could be 5TB with today's new 2TB full size drives and 1TB notebook drives...)and it only measures 10"x10"x4.5", its got a low profile HD5850 in it...but it will ONLY accept a low profile card...its still a bit bigger than I would *prefer*...

Apevia makes a pretty good case generally though, I've had a couple of the X-Qpack cases, they aren't very small, but they pack a ton of hard drives if you choose to fill them up...

PS: In my experience though, their power supplies suck, two have died on me, they're not very robust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts