Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a Panasonic 42PD25U.

The repairmaster warranty seems to get good ratings- In home service, and it is only $199 for 3 years.

Why purchase a BB warranty or Sears warranty as they are between $350 and 750?

Anyone have any experience with Repairmaster?

ALSO, can I purchase the TV from Sears, and the warranty from an online site?

THANKS!

·
Registered
184 Posts
i bought a tv and registered it with repairmaster in 2001, i then found out later they deleted my registration from their database. i called back to find out why and they stated that because the dealer i purchased from went out of business and never completed payment for the service plan, my plan was no longer valid. so it's registered, but no longer valid. i don't really get it, but that's my experience.

edit:

correction: actually i found out my warranty was cancelled when i randomly called in to ask about transferring the warranty to another person. which is when i was told it was deleted, apparently three years ago. i asked why they never contacted me and they said it isn't their responsibility to do so, but the dealer's. the dealer who went out of business. i then asked why they allowed me to register my warranty if the warranty could not be activated, they then explained that warranties aren't valid until the dealer completes payment, which can happen AFTER it's sold to the customer and AFTER the customer has registered it. i guess if you buy the warranty directly from repairmaster, this wouldn't be an issue. but i would recommend documenting EVERYTHING.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
I recently bought my second flat panel TV [Sharp LC-32G4U] and with it a second 5 year Philips Priority Service warranty. I had an EDTV Philips plasma a few years ago and a 5 year Philips Priority service warranty.Two years after purchase the TV died.I took it to an authorized service center and they confirmed the plasma screen went bad.It was not fixable. The next day I received a call from Philips Priority and they said they were sorry the screen had died and they would replace ASAP. They next day they cal and say Philips does not make that model so they were sending me the newest model. So they were seding me a brand new HD plasma because me ED plasma had died. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Two days later they said they were having trouble locating one so they were going to cut me a check for $4,400 and I could pick out the plasma that I wanted.Even F-ing better.My experience with extended warranties has been great,I would do it if I were you.I would though lookfor Philips Priority though.I know they are good.I have it on my new Sharp LCD.Wouldn't buy one without it. Hope that helps J.H.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.