AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen several threads go by of people trying a bunch of different video input cards and rating them. I hadn't really thought about that as a good way to bump up the quality of my home theater because I figured that s-video stinks anyway relative HDTV, but those threads made me decide that it would be worth the minimal effort to try something else.

A lot of people mentioned the FlyVideo 2000 as a card that they liked so I thought I would give it a try. I replaced my Osprey 100 with it and I am absolutely floored with the quality change. For those of you who may have been sitting on the fence about this, it's well worth the 50 bucks if you have an older card that you think you can improve on. I never thought I would say this, but while it certainly isn't HDTV, the DScaler/FlyVideo combo is *very* close--especially with higher quality channels off of my TiVo. I used to hate watching non HD shows (relative to HD shows at least :) ) and now I actually enjoy it--at least until the novelty of the new high-quality low-def picture wears off... :p

Tim

·
Registered
650 Posts
I totally agree! I just got my flyvideo2K a few days ago; it's the best thing ever! At this point I feel like burning all my software dvd players (I have all of them including zoomplayer + ffdshow) to cd just so I can physically throw them out the window. For film dvd's the flyvideo + dscaler is at least as good as the software players, if not better with the dscaler sharpen + denoise. For video dvd's flyvideo + dscaler mops the floor with the software players. For ease of use, forgetabout it. There was at least one deal-breaking problem with each and every one of the software players. At $40 (the price of a crappy cable) it is a joke. I think I'm going to buy a couple more before the masses catch on.

Mike U.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I picked up a Pixelview Xcapture a while back and I am very happy with it. Since a move to the UK I have to watch aLL my TV throught DScaler to convert the PAL my Satellite box outputs to the RGBHV I send to the TV.

Now if the Sat box Also did Svideo it might be better still.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mulveling
I totally agree! I just got my flyvideo2K a few days ago; it's the best thing ever! At this point I feel like burning all my software dvd players (I have all of them including zoomplayer + ffdshow) to cd just so I can physically throw them out the window.
LOL....Now that's a classic.

peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.